I acknowledge that in consenting to having Accessibility Services, Saskatchewan Polytechnic, communicate with and/or provide services through email, text, Zoom, and/or telephone, that I am aware of the following:
Risks of using electronic communication
While Saskatchewan Polytechnic Accessibility Services will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of information sent and received using electronic communications, because of the potential risks as outlined below, we cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of electronic communications.
- Use of electronic communications to discuss sensitive information may increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties.
- Electronic communications are subject to disruptions beyond the control of Accessibility Services that may prevent being able to provide the service.
- There may be limited services that can be provided through electronic communications, dependent on the means of electronic communications being utilized.
- Despite reasonable efforts to protect privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely guarantee the security of the information. Electronic communications can be forwarded, intercepted, circulated, stored, or even changed without the knowledge or permission of Accessibility Services or the student.
Conditions of Using Electronic Communications
- Electronic communication may not be an appropriate substitute for some services that Accessibility Services offers.
- Electronic communications will not and should not be used for medical emergencies or other time-sensitive matters.
- The student will inform Saskatchewan Polytechnic Accessibility Services with any changes to email address, phone number, or other student information necessary to communicate electronically.
- Electronic communications may be copied or recorded in full or in part and kept as part of the student’s confidential file with Accessibility Services.
- The student will take precautions to preserve the confidentiality of electronic communications, such as using screen savers and safeguarding computer passwords.
I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the risks, limitations, conditions of use, and instructions for use of electronic communications as described above. I acknowledge that this is an addition to the original Consent Form that I have previously signed. I acknowledge and agree to communicate with Saskatchewan Polytechnic Accessibility Services using these electronic communications with full understanding of the potential risks in doing so.